Paul \( Skiing8 \)

Default New internal Door into integral garage in a townhouse question

I have a question about adding a new door.

The situation is as follows....

It is a modern(3 years old) townhouse with the garage integrated. The garage
at the moment only has access through the main garage door and I would like
to add a door from the house into the garage because the washing machine is
in there. I have heard that some of the other townhouses that are the same
have done this already.

Is there any regulations regarding the addition of a door? I will be making
the door secure for security reasons but what about fire? Do I need planning
permission?

My other question I have is about what way the door should open. The garage
adjoins the house in a hallway, my preference would be to have the door open
into the garage because I won't be using the garage for a car, it is more
practical giving more room to manouver in the hallway.... any ideas or
suggestions? When I come to sell the house will it make a difference?

Cheers
Paul