Mike

"Rick" wrote in message
On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 22:38:19 -0000, "Mike" wrote:

"Rick" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 20:36:19 GMT, "wounded horse"
wrote:

Wish I knew how to get my gas and electricity down to under £40-00 a

month
combined. 5 of us here and gas and electricity are £45 a month EACH
averaged over the year.

Switch suppliers every year, heat the house to 18 degrees. Insulate -
All decorating jobs start with working out how much insulation you can
stuff in.

And train tje kids to turn things off - SHMBO is impossible to train,
so kids go round after her .........

That reminds me what I've been after for some time - has anybody ever

seen a
PIR that comes in a nice round brass package to match 12v halogen bulbs.

Or
something else nice looking (i.e. not a rectangular plastic box) ?

I've got a very long corridor using about 400W of the things and what I'd
like to do is put sensors at each end on a couple of minutes timer to

save
them being left on all the time.

They have them in offices, or at least they do in a certain high
street bank's offices .........

Yes - and in posh showrooms. But I can't seem to find them anywhere to
actually buy.