Phillip Brown

"BigWallop" wrote in message
k...

"Phillip Brown" wrote in message
k...
"Toby Sleigh" wrote in message

snipped
Toby

Must be a special 'break around Christmas time' setting they all have.

My fan isn't turning however, which indicates to me that the PCB is the
2nd
in line, fan being 1st in line. I.e. if the fan doesn't turn, then the
PCB
can't be the fault?

How did you test the fan, Philip? Did you actually remove the fan to do
the
testing?

Simpler than that, I can't hear it. Normally it hums quite audibly. I'm
pretty sure it's the fan that hums anyway, and now no noise from it.

However tomorrow I will buy a neon screwdriver and test for 230v across the
fan coil. Can people here confirm that is correct and safe?