Morten

"Vortex" wrote in message

Cat 5/6 wiring should be all that's necessary going forwards (or perhaps

no
wiring at all). Take a look at

I would say definately go for fixed wiring and put in as many cat5 or cat6
as you pretty much can stuff in the walls. You can get adaptors, baluns and
converters for almost anything concievable in a modern house that can run on
cat5.

http://tinyurl.com/6ujxq

Which is nice until all your neighbours buys one of them and the nobody can
use any of them. The available bandwidth does not warrent that everybody
starts using wireless and the more people that uses this the worse it gets.

..and read the datasheet.

I did, which confirms my warning above. It uses 54Mbps wireless so is even
worse on bandwidth requirements.

It may still be a good device, provided you disable it's wireless
capabilities and use cat5 and put it in a 100Mbps switches network, I think
that i'll do that if I was in your situation :-)

/Morten

---