Charles Middleton

Default Towel Radiator with Microbore

Andy Hall wrote:

It should be OK unless you have a very high output one (although I
have never seen a towel radiator with high output).

As a rule of thumb, with 8mm tube over typical lengths in a house of
say 4-5m from the manifold or other connection to the main flow and
return, you can get about 1.5kW worth of water flow.
With 10mm, it's about 2.5kW.

So unless you have really long runs, you should be OK. You may have
to play with the lockshield valve.

Don't forget the inhibitor :-)

Sorry to appear stupid :-) but whats the lock shield valve and whats an
inhibitor? Feel free to refer to the relevant plumbing for dummies web site!

Also, Id be interested in installing an electic heater onto the rail. I
understand that you should have a mains outlet in a bathroom for good
reason. The room adjacent to my bathroom is my landing and this has a
plug socket on the wall - very close to where the rail will be in the
bathroom.

Is it acceptable for me to take a spur from that socket to a switch and
then wire from the switch to the rail? This would be on the upstairs
ring circuit which already has one spur on it running a double 13amp
plug socket.

Cheers,

CM.