Gary Cavie

In article ,=2 0
says...
=20
"colin99" wrote in message

My parents have a Hotpoint Aquarius 1200 wm64 which stripped their RCD.
After resetting, the machine seemed to work, but at the end of the cycl=

the cycle light stayed on and the door won't open. It's a bank holiday
tomorrow and all their clothes are stuck in the machine!

We can deal with the motor later, if it's =A360 for a recon unit then
that's fair enough. But any ideas how to open the door? We've tried
leaving it unplugged for a while.

I wonder what can cause the door lock to stay on. I thought this might
be due to incomplete pump-out (sock in pump type problem), but they've
tried continuous re-pumping, and besides which it doesn't appear to be
full of water.

Ideas very welcome.

colin99

=20
Pull the machine out and drop the outlet hose in to a big bucket so the
water can syphon out. You need to be strong as the machine will be heavy=

pull if full of water.
=20
Get as much water out of it as you can using the outlet hose and bucket.
Once the level of water has fallen, the door safety lock should release.
The lock is there to stop you opening the door while the machine is worki=

ng
and full of water.
=20
=20
=20

If it's not that, another problem which can cause this is the vacuum /=20
breather pipe which runs up inside the front panel, to some sort of=20
pressure switch affair at the top. We had exactly the same problem on our=
=20
machine, and clearing out the sludge from this pipe cured the problem.=20
The repair man said that it is worth giving them a really hot wash, on=20
towels or something similar once a month or so to stop this build-up.