Lobster

al wrote:
"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message

Use a pair of pointed pliers to dig into the corner and lift it from
there. Unless the carpet was recently laid, it will probably have
stretched a little and will easily lift off the grippers.

I'll give that a go .. damned if I'm going to pay £40-50 for them to take my
carpets up if that's all it takes!

With reference to fitting underlay - what if it's on a concrete floor (ie.
you can't staple it down)? Is there a particular glue to use?

My fitters used a combination of masonry nails and 'no more nails' gunk
(didn't see what sort it was); ie, glued, then nailed down to hold them
in place while the glue set.

David