BigWallop

"9100DN OWNER" wrote in message
You're only left with a pressure head height from the
last bend in the pipe down to the bath tap. I think this could be your
problem.

snipped

My suggestion is to move the cold water storage tank above the bathroom

and
the hot water cylinder to an airing cupboard next to the bath room. This
means no return trip to the loft for the hot water and to take the boiler
out the stove and replace it with a fire brick. I was rebuffed as it would
be loosing the advantage of the back boiler!!!!!!!!!!

That all sounds like a good method to cure it, but you can still keep the
back boiler in place. I loved our old coal fired back boiler, and 'am sorry
we took it out now. I could have fitted a pump to the back boiler and used
an indirect cylinder to heat the water for our system, but I jumped in to
quick with one of these modern gas things that hang on the wall. :-)

You still have all the options open to make a bad job good here, so think
about what layout you'd need to heat the hot water tank from the back
boiler, and still keep the pressure to all the taps at an acceptable level
by re-arranging the pipework to suit.

A hot water cylinder doesn't have to stand upright if you seal all the
un-used holes. A cylinder lying on its side in the loft, with a coil inside
(indirect cylinder they're called) to heat the water from the back boiler,
will do the same job of supplying hot water well enough, and it doesn't need
to be too big. It also create space in its old postion for other things
like a new storage cupboard.

As long as you can get rid of the part of the system that rises above the
height of the bathroom floor, then you've got the job cracked.

So that was Thursday, Friday and Sunday lost but who wants the time off!

Eddie

LOL !!! Yeah !!! Who needs rest and relaxation. We're hard men !!!! :-)