Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
scoobz wrote:
I'm new to the DIY game, but I'm hoping to a buy a house shortly, and
somone has knocked a small window-sized hole (around 2'x3') through a
brick wall between the kitchen and dining room, as kind of a
pass-through.

Usually called a serving hatch.

However, all that is there at the moment is a rough hole. I will need
to apply some cement to finish and sqare off the hole.

Normal way would be to face the opening with wood - about 1" thick - to
the exact thickness of the walls. The bottom piece might well be larger to
act as a sort of shelf large enough to take plates safely. Make good with
one coat plaster up to the wood, then fit architraving of your choice to
form a frame. Some would also fit doors to close it off from the kitchen
when not needed.

--
*To be intoxicated is to feel sophisticated, but not be able to say it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.