Mary Fisher

Default Is lino so bad?

Why do many folks dislike lino?

Do you mean real lino or any general vinolay type flooring? The lino I've
seen had a sort of sacking woven in it or on the back of it.

The origin of lino - 'linoleum' - is boiled linseed oil applied to a woven
linen backing. It used the flax plant to very good effect.

No idea how authentic modern lino is but I haven't seen it on sale for years
either.

Mind you, I haven't looked.

There's some in our 1960s caravan which was used by two parents and two sons
for many years and it's hardly scuffed at all. We've restored the 'van and
redecorated it completely, only the floor covering is the same. Must be good

Mary