Ernie Leimkuhler

In article . com,
Too_Many_Tools wrote:

This summer after building a number of items using I-beams and heavy
plate, I finally figured out that having a mag drill would be very,
very nice.

After pricing them new and noting that in the used market they seem to
retain their value, I have to ask myself "Why not build one?"

Considering that we have some very good magnets on the surplus market
these days and an Asian morse taper bench drill presses are available,
has someone undertaken this task in the past?

If so, I would love to see what you did before embarking on the same
effort.

Does anyone know of a Chinese knockoff of a mag drill?
Thanks for whatever suggestions you can offer.

TMT

Mag Drills are cheap if you can deal with BIG ones.
The old Black and Decker ones are huge and most shops don't want to use
them anymore.
I know salvage places that can't dump them at $100.

I have one and it is really heavy.
Great drill though.