Stormin Mormon

Couple of questions. Open the fridge door and push the little button so the
light goes off.

1) Can you hear a fan blowing in the back of the fridge?

2) Reach in, and see i fyou can feel a blast of cold air blowing in the
back of the fridge.

3) Is there frost on the back wall of t he fridge or freezer? Was there
frost there before?

I'm thinking along the lines that you might have a defrost problem, or some
air flow problem.

--

Christopher A. Young
This space intentionally left blank

"Roger" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a Kenmore side-by-side refridgerator (model 50264992) that keeps
freezing up (or stays freezing). I think the temp in it is around 30
degrees and my milk keeps freezing solid and my fuits and vegetables
keep getting ruined.
The problem soon began after the hurricane season here in Florida. My
wife made both the freezer and fridge section colder, so that if we
lost power for a while, things would be colder and and would last for a
little longer.

Now, if I thurn the fridge and freezer both to warmer settings (fridge
to the warmest), the fridge justs keeps freezing food. I have even
unplugged it for an hour or so?

Any ideas? Is there any part on the back that I can thaw out with a
hairdryer or something?

Sears is coming out in several days and I have the two repair options
before they look at it:
A) $45 diagnosis charge + parts charge + labor charge (with 90day
warranty)
or
B) $219 for everything and a (12 month warranty on evertyhing)

However, if I can fix it myself before the appointment, I can save some
bucks which I need.

Thanks!