Woody

Default Replacing old Honeywell thermostat

"Paul" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I've just moved into a new house and found that the cover for my room
thermostat is broken, so I thought I'd better replace it. I don't know
what the model number is, but there is a simple wiring diagram on hte
inside (live, neutral and the wire to the central heating controller).
The terminal that connects to the central heating is number 3 and
marked 20(4)A - do I need to get a new thermostat with the same
rating, or would a 10(4)A be up to the job, as that's the highest I
can find locally. If this isn't enough information, let me know what
else is needed for me to find out.

Thanks,

Paul

The most your heating will take is about 2A - the boiler takes about 50W and
the pump usually about 200W, but as the pump is a wholly inductive load the
contacts need to be slightly higher rated to allow for minor arcing as the
contacts open.

Your don't have to replace like for like. Modern 'stats are electronic with
a timer built in so that you can have different temperatures at different
times of the day. So long as it switches as you require it will meet the
need.

--

Woody