Lurch

On 2 Jan 2005 01:58:38 -0800, strung together this:

Hold up there, SJW, the reason I'll ring Sunvic is that they provide
conversion instructions with their equipment from a Randall 3060, and
they did not work.

Erm, they do work, it's just you don't know where the wires go. I've
never found a set of instructions that cover every possibility of
doing something, they just provide the most common way.

As I now have a situation where I have identified where the extra wires
go (the thermostat), where they were originally connected, and what
polarity they are, perhaps they can fill me in.

If the red and black are for the thermostsat then the most probable
way that they are meant to be connected is the red to CH on and b lack
to the pump. You need to find out what *all* the wires do in the
programmer, then you can sort it out, everyones's just guessing at the
moment.

As for both of your posts, unlike others who have commented you have
offered no constructive help at all, just made arrogant comments using
belittling words. Why bother responding in a DIY help group if all you
can do is that?

I said find out what all the wires do and where they go, do that and
we'll tell you where they go. (Don't just guess at them, they need
testing).

Have you never tried to solve a DIY problem yourself by seeking advice,
or do you always give up and go and call someone in? Or perhaps you
work in a trade and like looking down on everyone else's work? Either
way, you have not done a jot in helping me learn the root of this
problem - thanks for nothing!

I did try helping, you obviously took offence, I'm not really bothered
if your heating works or not, mine works perfectly so you can have a
strop if you want.
--

SJW