Andy Burns

PG wrote:

Thanks. I'm currently trying another one I found that looks like it
might suit me. It seems to do all the things I think I need it to do:

http://www.guysoftware.com/planbee.htm

If you look at it, I'd be glad to hear your comments.

I liked the look of the Java one better, obviously intended to be
familiar to anyone who's used M$project before, it has fixed/movable
dates, subtasks, finish/start to start/finish dependencies, milestones
and resource allocation, with completion tracking.

However you can't set calendars for resources, so it likes 24x7 work
schedules, also it doesn't seem to redraw the gantt chart when you make
changes, until you select the affected items.

it does identify over allocated resource, but not the critical path, but
as I memtioned before on a "simple" chart the diagonal is fairly
obviously the critical path, anything dangling isn't

Not run the planBee one, it looks a bit garish/win3.1 style, from
feature list has all the functionaility of Java one and more, including
your critical path analysis with float times and lead/lag, and does have
a resource calandar so you can have weekends off ;-)