Andy Burns

PG wrote:

Couldn't get GanttPV to work on my Win98 PC.

I had a quick play with GanttPV too, installed OK on winXP but looked
fairly primitive :-(

I've identified now that
what I think I need is a critical path analysis program, rather than
gantt chart software,

M$project and PMW handle that, it's part of handling the dependencies,
resources and earliest start/latest finish dates, a Gantt chart is as
good a way as any to view it.

On small projects the Gantt chart has a tendency to boil down to a
diagonal line with only a few minor items not on the critical path :-(

|---+
+---+
+-----+
+-----+
+-----+
+-------|

Just about to download "Planner" via the fist link above.

Did you find a win32 version, or are you OK with a linux version?