PG

On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 02:50:45 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

PG wrote:

When you embark on a very difficult and complex project (like building
your first house for example), I guess it's helpful to have some
graphical system like a flow chart to plan the smooth progression and
coordination of the work. Can anyone recommend a shareware or freeware
software for this purpose? Or do you prefer to use pencil an paper?
Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

PG

Frankly, this is one case where the job is not sufficiently complex to
make the tool a time saver.

Pencil and paper I reckon.

Fair comment; thanks. However, one thing attracts me to the software
route: (1) space will presumably be virtually unlimited and (b)
erasing and re-drawing will be much easier - and I anticipate doing an
awful lot of erasing and re-drafting.

Having said that, I don;t want spend an age having to learn the
software. Indeed, some of the project-planning programs I tried years
ago wee way too complicated for my needs, with too many bells and
whistles built in, etc.

Also, be aware that managing for shortest time and mimimum cost are two
very different exercises.

Critocal ptahs are more about the simple order in which things are dne,
than about complex interdependencies.

I'll bear that in mind - thanks.

PG