Morten

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Huge wrote:

I'd already discounted magnetic door catches, since they are designed to

take loads
normal to the magnet, not axially, and this thing weighs several kilos.

Then install a couple of stands that the panel can stand on, this will
remove the vertical (axially) forces and the a couple of magnets will do
just fine...

Don't under-estimate the power of rare earth magnets, maybe I still hate
velcro because of it's noise.

Rare earth magnets (Neodynium) are VERY strong so should easily cope with
the panel alone without the stands described above...

/Morten

---