The Natural Philosopher

PG wrote:

When you embark on a very difficult and complex project (like building
your first house for example), I guess it's helpful to have some
graphical system like a flow chart to plan the smooth progression and
coordination of the work. Can anyone recommend a shareware or freeware
software for this purpose? Or do you prefer to use pencil an paper?
Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

PG

Frankly, this is one case where the job is not sufficiently complex to
make the tool a time saver.

Pencil and paper I reckon.

Also, be aware that managing for shortest time and mimimum cost are two
very different exercises.

Critocal ptahs are more about the simple order in which things are dne,
than about complex interdependencies.

I.e. I never appreciated fully (though I had a rough idea) how amazingly
difficult it would be to mocve a toilet from planned position once
building work commenced.