Mike

"Dave Jones" wrote in message

"PG" wrote in message
Although I'm not a qualified electrician, I've done a fair bit of
extra wiring in my house: extra sockets plus a 6mm feed to an electric
shower and a 6mm feed to a cooker, etc. I did it all myself and it has
proved 100% satisfactory.

Do such mods nowadays have to, by law, be done by a qualified
electrician and/or done with buildings control approval?

From 1st Jan 2005 yes, but if already started must be complete by 31st

March
2005

Woah there. Where did the second half creep in ? For all other work the
relevant building regs are those at the date of application. I thought if
started then there was no limit on Part P either ?