PG

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 09:52:01 -0000, "Dave Jones"
wrote:

"PG" wrote in message
Although I'm not a qualified electrician, I've done a fair bit of
extra wiring in my house: extra sockets plus a 6mm feed to an electric
shower and a 6mm feed to a cooker, etc. I did it all myself and it has
proved 100% satisfactory.

Do such mods nowadays have to, by law, be done by a qualified
electrician and/or done with buildings control approval?

From 1st Jan 2005 yes, but if already started must be complete by 31st March
2005

That's interesting. I *have* already started the work and I anticipate
completing it by 31st March. Where will I stand after 31st of March?
Will I need a certificate of conformity of any sort or not? Must I get
the chocolate blocks exchanged for covered junction boxes if I finish
the work by 31st March?

Thanks to the other respondees.

PG