BigWallop

"Gareth Stace" wrote in message
I am wondering if anyone can help me here. I am currently thinking of
installing underfloor heating both in my kitchen/dinning and bathroom.

The bathroom is on existing floor (wooden) and will have ceramic tiles on
the top. I know that I will need some concrete based boards down on the
floor first before the heating and then tiles go on.

The kitchen will have the same for the cooking area, but the rest of the
floor will have a new wooden floor on the top of the existing floor (all
wooden).

I want to have underfloor heating on all of this, but can not work out

which
system would be the best. I would say that I may need a different systems
for the wooden and tiles. I think I will be going for an electric system.
I would like to do it on a tight budget.

What I want to know is which system/make I should buy.

Thanks in advance.

Gareth

There are also electrically heated water systems which is, in my honest
opinion, easier to install as the water pipes don't need to have heat
resistant shielding between them and the combustible materials in the floor
structure.

It's amazing how much heat you can get from a small water cylinder and 6
KWatt of dedicated electric heating.

The object of less materials also means less cost and simplest installation.