Dave Plowman (News)

In article lgate.org,
Michael Mcneil wrote:
Anyone got a link to an accountancy type forum. I want help with some
self employment tax issues.

Don't even bother. Find a decent accountant. A *decent* one will save you
far more than the fees. If you're close to SW London, I can certainly
recommend one.

From bitter experience. I tried for a few years to deal with my own tax
affairs after going freelance - which is probably simpler than being self
employed in a trade etc as all I really supply is my services.
The IR did some form of investigation and decided I owed them a
considerable sum. If anything I reckoned I'd overpaid as I hadn't been
claiming for everything I could have.

Went to an accountant. Who put the fear of god into them. A good one can.
And I ended up with a refund slightly greater than the extra amount they
were asking for. He went back as far as he could and claimed all the right
allowances. And it cost me less than 10% of the amount he got refunded.

--
*Xerox and Wurlitzer will merge to market reproductive organs.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.