andrewpreece

"Michael Mcneil" wrote in message
news:93ef19355b6efa5727c119252b9fbc10.45219@mygate .mailgate.org...
"Steve" wrote in message

Gentleman, I have embarked on fixing my B&Q wall units and would

appreciate
advice from the experts that lurk on this group. The walls I am fixing

the
miniscule brackets on to are breeze block with plasterboard dabbed on

top.

Not that I'm saying it's the best method, but I cut out a square of
plasterboard ( with a stanley knife ) at the two attachment locations and
screwed a square block of wood into each hole ( into plugs set into holes I
drilled in the brick ). As long as the wood is at the same level as the
plasterboard surface, you can now screw the unit into the wood blocks
(having taken care to leave a sufficient area of wood to screw into, taking
into account the screws holding the wood blocks to the wall).

Andy.