Michael Mcneil

"Steve" wrote in message

Gentleman, I have embarked on fixing my B&Q wall units and would appreciate
advice from the experts that lurk on this group. The walls I am fixing the
miniscule brackets on to are breeze block with plasterboard dabbed on top.

What you do is fix the cross member on the back of the unit to a strip
of 2x1 batten.

Cut the batten about 1/4 to 1/2 inch short of the internal width and get
it level. Another placed under the unit will support it. Use gripper and
plasterboard screws. It's an half hour job. I can't understand why
anyone uses anything else no matter what the wall is made of.

Rember to place them 3 tiles higher than the work top. And watch where
the tiles are going to end.