Mike

"Steve" wrote in message
Gentleman, I have embarked on fixing my B&Q wall units and would

appreciate
advice from the experts that lurk on this group. The walls I am fixing

the
miniscule brackets on to are breeze block with plasterboard dabbed on top.
In total there is a 25mm gap between the plasterboard and the breeze

block.
I have noticed when fixing several of the brackets with 3" x 10 screws,

that
due to the limited amount of dab plaster/muck that the board was floated

on,
the board is pulled very tightly into the breeze as there is nothing to

stop
it. This causes the plasterboard to totally distort. One of my work
colleagues mentioned that the B&Q fixing system for the cabinets was prone
to have the cabinets fall off on this type of wall. It has been suggested
that I fix a 2"x 1" wooden batten along the length of the walls that the
cabinets are going to be fitted on. Obviously I will have to cut out a

long
section of plasterboard. Before I continue with this route has anyone got
any better ideas.

I take a 1" SDS drill bit (in a SDS drill obviously) and drill 2" into the
breeze block, then hammer a 2 and a bit inch long piece of 1" knurled
dowelling (with the rippled edge) from B&Q deep into the hole until it is
flush with the level I want to mount the cabinet at. Repeat at all screw
locations. If the breeze block is crumbly when the dowel is hammered in
then stuff some sand/cement mortar in as well but obviously with a deeper
hole of less dowel.