Charles Gregory

Thanks to everyone that replied, but special thanks to Dave and Mike who hit
the nail on the head.

I got some Anti-Surge 800mA fuses (a typo on my original post!) rather than
the fast-blow variety and it seems to work fine now. (My local white goods
retailer should change it's name to Dick Turpin at £1.25 per fuse!)

Another observation about the Anti-surge fuses is that as well as being
marked T they seem to have a large bobble on the fuse wire itself inside the
cartridge.

Thanks again,
Charles

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Charles Gregory wrote:
There is a fuse holder on the light fitting marked nearby as .8 A MAX
which seems to be on the output of the +ve cable of the transformer.

The problem is that the fuse keeps blowing. I'm replacing the fuse with
ones marked as 8 mA fast-blow - then I turn on the light and it seems
to work, but on the 2nd or 3rd turn of the main light switch it blows
again.

Well, 0.8 Amp is 800 mA, and you'd not want fast blow for this application
anyway. Anti-surge would be more like it.

If it really is 0.8 amp this must be the mains input - 0.8 amp at 12 volts
is about 10 watts.

--
*He who laughs last has just realised the joke.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.