Ed Sirett

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 15:00:14 +0000, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Cheers. Some things I have gleened -- may not all be true...

I think the knob sets the flow temperature -- using a clip-on pipe
thermometer (not accurate), I calibrated it from 30C at the lowest
setting through to 85C (IIRC) at the highest.

That's my understanding too.
The figures are about right - the 1 o'clock I have it on is about 65C
on the flow.

The pump seems to run at full speed until the temperature differential
across the flow and return starts getting small, at which point it
slows down in a number of steps. This is presumably to achieve a better
temperature differential.

And to get the boiler into condensing mode if possible.

Several people here have noted the temperature control is not
adiquate for ideal heating and hot water in a condensing system.
Another thing the Keston is missing is provision for connecting
remote frost stats.

??
Either direct from the mains to the demand terminal in which case the
boiler will heat the bypass circuit, or direct from the mains to the
CH zone valve if the whole house needs protecting.

Or have I failed to understand what you want to do?

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk