Ev'ryday Me

Default Crap B&Q Mains Halogen Spots

"Mr Angry" wrote in message
m...

Just wondered if anyone else had experienced these problems with the
mains halogen spotlights from B&Q.

I recently bought a four set light and a 3 set light, dimmable 230v units.
Out of the 7 halogens, 4 blew within one week. I returned these and
customer services told me to get the boxes from the shelves and replace the
lights, faulty for new. I went away happy until the same thing happened the
following week.

I then took all 7 back and insisted that they exchange what I considered to
be sub-standard lamps for better ones. After much trying to blag there way
out of the situation by saying stuff like I've got earth faults etc. they
did swap them all for more expensive lamps and no extra charge to me. The
lamps in the end came to more than the units.

These lights haven't failed yet and they've been in for 6 months now.

Stand your ground and take names and times if you have to.

---
Me