SmileyFace

Hi,

In ,
John Armstrong wrote:
On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 04:29:13 GMT, SmileyFace wrote:
There's a loud humming noise coming from the water main pipe

Could be a leak before the stop tap.

I wondered about that. I've been outside and listened carefully but there's
no sound of water at all. Just that infernal hum on the inside.

Have you got an outside stop tap
you can turn off to try? Should be one at the property boundary.

You'd have thought so, wouldn't you? Our LA decided we were too poor for
pavements round here and laid hot-melt instead a few years ago. Every
access point got buried in the stuff. The NTL cable guys had to dig to find
their outlet. I suspect the external tap went the same way.

Could it be that the stop-tap itself, in that it won't shut off properly, is
the cause of the din? Right now it's turned off, all the taps are turned on
(and I remembered to turn off the heating) but water is still trickling from
the kitchen tap. The hum is intermittent and reduced, but still there.

I'm thoroughly fed up with this now. I'll turn the TV on loud. ;/

Cheers

--
Gill
happy new year, by the way