John

"shaz" wrote in message
ups.com...
Our house presently has a Parkray solid fuel room heater, which stands
on a marble hearth (which comes out from chimney breast and only has
the front part of the fire visiable (surrounded by a stone "makeshift"
fireplace and the hole above has been boxed in with plaster board.

We have bought a free standing parkray chevin(solid fuel) and i am
wanting to open up the chimney breast, move the room heater
backwards(so it stands within the hole and be able to see part of the
flue)...and use the existing backboiler if possible

Its a long time since I had a Parkray but the inset and the free standing
versions of yesteryear were basically the same boiler with just the casing
different. AFAICR you can strip away the brickwork around the existing unit
and it will still function depending on the flueing connection arrangement.
You may have a problem sealing the new units exposed flue into the masonary
flue. The easy way is to use a sheet of steel as a closure plate but do bear
in mind that the flat top within the chimney void forms a ledge for
(eventually) a heavy weight of flue dust so make sure it is well supported.