SmileyFace

Back again,

In . net,
Christian McArdle wrote:
Pull the main power isolator on your consumer unit. Does the noise
stop?

No, that didn't do anything either. Except set off the burglar alarm; that
was fun.

BTW the incoming main is on the opposite side to the neighbours', on the
outside edge of the pair of houses. They're out anyway, but I doubt it has
anything to do with them. You can't hear it much on 'their' side of the
house, where there's no water pipes.

Any more ideas? Please? I can't afford to call anyone out, even if they're
working atm, which is unlikely. I'm thinking I might have to start ripping
up the landing carpet and floorboards. I don't fancy doing that much.

Cheers,

--
Gill
stuck for ideas, considering earplugs