Christopher Key

Default Aerial Bonding

Hello,

I'm about to start installing a loftbox aerial distribution system.

http://www.tvlink.co.uk/loftbox.htm

This comes with a fairly heavy duty earth bonding terminal; should this be connected back to the main
equipotential bonding connector? Instinctively, I would have assumed yes, in order to provide some protection
in the event of a lightning strike, and to keep any large potentials from developing between exposed
metalwork, e.g. radiators and the aerial system.

However, I understand that some AV equipment is designed to leak to earth slightly, and am concerned about
this causing ground loops and hum.

The electrical installation is PME, with bonds to the gas and water main.

The outlet plates will all be non isolated to at least some of their connectors in order to power and control
the LNBs, and to send remote control commands back to the Sky+ box.

Any advice much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Chris Key