Andy Hall

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 10:25:59 +0000 (UTC), "Dave"
wrote:

"Mike Harrison" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 20:11:29 +0000, Mark Carver

wrote:

I think it would probably take an EU directive to force makers to do this,

as part of CE marking
requirements.

OK now! This is my stupid question time :-)

How does an EU directive become entrenched in English law?

I never had a chance to elect an MP on the back of it.
I never had a say in its composition and as far as I can remember, I never
let go of any ability to allow the EU to legislate this way.

As I say, a stupid question, but...

Because the majority of the electorate gave the government what the
government believe[s|d] [is|was] a mandate to do so. THe same as for
part P......

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl