Lurch

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 19:25:02 -0000, "John Borman"
strung together this:

It is recommended but not mandatory,

It's mandatory, if you're going to do it do it properly.

most rented accommodation I visit
don't have and they have passed an electrical inspection.

No they haven't, they've been tested by someone who doesn't know what
they're doing.

If you do put one in why not leave it in the loft if you have access.

I wish I had read this prior to cutting out a space for a recessed box to
fit an isolation switch to

Well, that would be wrong. Don't believe everything you read on
usenet. If the fan is in the bathroom then it is no good putting the
isolator in the loft. It should be reasonaly local to the appliance
it's controlling unless it's lockable in the off position.
--

SJW