John

Default Crap B&Q Mains Halogen Spots

I find it annoying that a supplier seems to go out of its way to produce
something that is substandard. In the case of the bulb, possibly 90% of it
is of good quality - the glass, the contacts, the packing, the shipping,
etc. Why spoil it by fitting a poor quality filament?

It is in the same category as cheap batteries. Such a waste of resources and
I bet Duracell enjoy better profits.

--

Regards

John

"G&M" wrote in message

"Brad" wrote in message
Another thought... can you give me the barcode number of the lights and

I'll
check with the supplier when I'm back at work tomorrow.

It might be true that they are short life light bulbs.. or it might be

BS.
If it is true though I would hope that they would say so on the box.

The
last company I worked for sold inkjet printers and I used to hate the

way
that some of the manufacturers supplied machines with half empty
cartridges.. but they justified not putting this on the boxes because

these
were available to buy separately as "light use". No one ever stocked the
light use cartridges as they were only about £5 cheaper than a full one.

From a retailers perspective I hate the cheap tricks some companies use

and
if one of B&Q's suppliers is doing this I will raise it as a trading

issue
with the relevant people.

Could you raise the crap switches fitted to so many of the Performance Pro
range. Sanders, plane and several others have all failed with the switch.
B&Q refunded my money without argument but these would be good tools if

they
just fixed this.

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.