Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Charles Gregory wrote:
There is a fuse holder on the light fitting marked nearby as .8 A MAX
which seems to be on the output of the +ve cable of the transformer.

The problem is that the fuse keeps blowing. I'm replacing the fuse with
ones marked as 8 mA fast-blow - then I turn on the light and it seems
to work, but on the 2nd or 3rd turn of the main light switch it blows
again.

Well, 0.8 Amp is 800 mA, and you'd not want fast blow for this application
anyway. Anti-surge would be more like it.

If it really is 0.8 amp this must be the mains input - 0.8 amp at 12 volts
is about 10 watts.

--
*He who laughs last has just realised the joke.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.