larry

should that not be 8A if it is on the outgoing side.

larry

"Charles Gregory" wrote in message
Hi,

I've got a light fitting with 3 directional low-voltage lights. The input
is the standard 240V lighting circuit via the normal centre-of-ceiling
cable. The incoming cable just screws into a set of terminal blocks.

There is a fuse holder on the light fitting marked nearby as .8 A MAX
which seems to be on the output of the +ve cable of the transformer.

The problem is that the fuse keeps blowing. I'm replacing the fuse with
ones marked as 8 mA fast-blow - then I turn on the light and it seems to
work, but on the 2nd or 3rd turn of the main light switch it blows again.

The 240 V RCD for that lighting circuit isn't tripping so I guess that
means that there isn't anything wrong with the 240 V side. I've traced all
the low-voltage cables and I can't see any visual signs of damage. I've
removed the transformer and had a look at it from the outside and again
there doesn't seem to be any visable damage.

It was working just fine - now it's not and we've not touched it.

The last test I did with the last spare fuse I had was to remove the
low-voltage light fittings (there's two connectors you can break to remove
the light fittings and bulbs altogether) - but even without a load on the
transformer the fuse blew straight away.

Any ideas - or any recommendations of where to buy 0.8A fuses - I'm going
to need some more!

Thanks
Charles