Lobster

Tony Bryer wrote:

One of my best ever purchases a year ago was my Pace Twin
Freeview hard disk recorder which I use for time shifting. The
real joy of it is the repeating timer: for a programme you
watch week on week you enter the details once, selecting
'weekly', 'daily' or 'weekdays' and it will be recorded each
time until you delete the entry. When it comes to playing back
you have a nice menu of recordings with each given the
programme's name, select what you want and play (skipping the
ads at x32 playback). A further plus is that Freeview also
carries BBC Radio, so you have a nice easy way of recording
radio progs too.

Thanks, sounds interesting. Just been looking into this one at
http://www.pacefreetoview.co.uk/02d.asp.

I see it has a 10 hrs viewing time/ 20Gb HDD which sounds a bit on the
low side - are they upgradeable with standard PC kit? (does anyone know
if this can be done with other models?)

I also note it's subscription-free - good! - does it still get programme
details/transmission times etc over the ether, or do you have to enter
all that yourself?

Cheers
David