Noozer

"TURTLE" wrote in message

"Noozer" wrote in message
news:EUBCd.705555$%k.62084@pd7tw2no...

EXCELLENT reply, Turtle.!!! I get so tired of losers calling every

company
in the phone book for free quotes and especially free information!

I hate customers if it wasn't for their money I would drop them all..

And with this attitude I hope they all drop you.

If you went into a grocery store and there were no prices on any of the
items, would you bother putting anything in your cart? Would you spend

you
time chasing someone down to ask prices?

This is Turtle.

NOOSE , your speaking about a grocery store and we are talking about the

service
business. Call up your local grocery store and tell them to get all their

prices
on the stuff in the store and bring it over to my house and I will see

what I
want to buy from you. Now this is a free estimate and if I don't like your
prices i just send you on your way and call the next store to come see

about
what prices they have. Secret here NOOSER , No grocery store is coming to

your
house to discuss prices.

So it was a bad analogy... It was supposed to demonstrate that customers
make their purchasing decisions based on information that they can only get
from the person that they want to buy from.

What I get from this thread is that contractors expect everyone who calls to
know exactly what they want, how much it will cost and what work is involved
to get it done. Customers are expected to wait months before hearing back
from their contractor if they are at all good in their trade. Contractors
have no obligation to actually give their customers any idea of what their
project may cost, any idea of how long it may take or even when the
contractor will contact their customer to discuss the project, if they even
bother getting back to their customer at all.

As I said in another post, I do not expect to get a detailed estimate for
free. I don't expect to get more than 15 minutes of time with the contractor
for free, and that when he has the time.

If I call a contractor and tell him "I'm looking at getting a 24'x32'
garage, three door, with roofing and vinyl siding, no power or drywall. The
pad is already poured" all I want to hear back is "That should be between
$12,000 and $16,000 and take about 10 days to do. Right now we could start
in about six weeks."... From that point I can decide whether I want to deal
or keep looking. That shouldn't take more than a few minutes for someone to
figure out.

Anyhow... the whole point for joining this thread was to post my
experiences. I don't expect anything to change.