Tony Hwang

barry wrote:
I want to go away for a month this winter. I am concerned that I will get
a flood if my heat fails and my pipes burst.

If I remember right, hot water systems have a water supply to replace water
lost from the system.

Is there a problem with turning off the water supply where it enters the
cellar and still leave the heat on??

Any other hints ? Do I have to drain the domestic water pipes or can I
just leave the faucets open?

I am asking this because, maybe once a year, my furnace does not start
unless I hit the reset. Murphy's Law says it will happen while I am away.

Hi,
Wouldn't it be nice if you tell here where you live? Freezing North or
warm South?
Tony