JustCallMe Norman

'The ones who don't show probably couldn't find a polite way to tell you
over the phone they don't want your busienss; =A0'

ME: If they dont want the business for whatever reason, they SHOULD NOT
make an appointment with the consumer ; instead , if they feel its going
to be a waste of time or if the competition is too tough or its too
small of a job or they are too busy.....they should simply say to the
consumer on the phone :" I think im going to have to take a pass on
this, but thank you for considering me" . Is this such a difficult
thing to say instead of making an appointment so the consumer is left
sitting around waiting for someone who doesnt have any integrity ???

Im an HVAC service contractor, and if i dont want to respond to a job
that comes in over the phone, i tell them im going to have to take a
pass , or, i cannot for 'x' amount of days/weeks.

Contractors , especially, need to have more courtesy. It would go a long
way in how they are percieved by the general public.