f/256

"Howie" wrote in message
My wife and I bought DIY kitchen cabinets (assemble and install yourself)
from Rona, (Canada, eh!), made by a company called MasterBrand and we are
not happy with what we bought (unfortunately).

1) Our biggest concern is the Rona cabinets are only 5/8" construction,
where Home Depot's cabinets (Mills Pride) are 3/4" - we only discovered

this
AFTER I had already assembled one cabinet (fully glued unfortunately). I
tried to disassemble it before the glue set, but I was too late (I broke

it,
and had to glue it back together - it should be fine). We thought that

Rona
and Home Depot were the same thickness, but we were wrong. Sh**!!! Is

this
much to be worried about, having thinner construction cabinets? We also
paid more money at Rona!!!

2) The Rona cabinet had assembly problems - the "dadoed" groove for the
back plate did not line up very good at all with the bottom and the two
sides... I looked on another cabinet - same problem.

We plan to return the cabinets right away, but we can't disassemble the

one
glued together cabinet, I want to return it as well, but they might be
reluctant to accept it... any advice?

You may want to take the already assembled cabinet as it is (assembled) and
show them that the ""dadoed" groove for the back plate did not line up very
good at all with the bottom and the two sides", they may decide to accept
it.

I assume these cabinets are of the European construction style....if so: I
don't think they need to be glued. Do the instructions that came with them
asked for glue to be used?