Matt

I second that. I've never heard of anyone doing anything with the telco
side of the equipment...... not a good idea at all. Also, I wouldn't
"let the contractors cut the cable". Get the local service provider out
there, have em run a temp line until the construction is done, and then
have them come back and finish the work properly after the construction
is done, keeping in mind that you will be the one that has to reroute
all the wires from inside your house to the new location of the NIB.

Or, you can have the phone company do your internal wiring - and THAT
would be very expensive. If the people you are talking to at the phone
company told you it would be expensive to reroute your existing
incoming service line, they either misunderstood you or you talked to
the wrong person, IMO.