Pjx

I've never found stainless steel to be easy to clean. It looks bad
unless clean.

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 14:15:04 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

"SpamFree" wrote in message
.. .
IMO showering as a function is poorly explored and I've never read any
book which discusses the issues and comes up with recommendations.
Most simply deal with aesthetics, impermeability of surfaces, or cost
and difficulty of installation.

To give you an idea of what I'm talking about just take the handles of
the average shower faucet: short lever, long lever, cross, ball, ...
Should it turn right or left? What level of sensitivity should the
faucet have? This is not opinion! There is a right answer although the
right answer may not be implementable because of costs or aesthetics.

Does anyone know of a book or website that discusses bathroom design
considerations from a perspective of functionality and ergonomics?

Personally, I liked the "Perfect Guy Bathroom" on an episode of "Home
Improvement" years ago:

-Seamless stainless steel wall & floors, and a floor drain so the whole room
could be hosed down like a butcher shop
-Large TV behind sealed glass, with a windshield wiper, visible from toilet
or tub.

Other stuff, too, but I don't recall them all. Too funny, though. :-)