SQLit

"Avery" wrote in message
oups.com...

I am having an addition put on where the telephone cable currently
enters the house. Cavalier telephone has not responded to my request to
reroute the cable other than "it will be very expensive".

So when the contractors cut the cable I will be left with a dangling
bit of aerial wire that I will run underground ( 6- 8 ") about 150 feet
to the NIC box. Questions:
1. What kind of connector can I use to splice the aerial cable to
the new cable?
2. What kind of cable should I use for underground wiring? I dont
want to run conduit if I can help it. BTW I have DSL so quality of
signal matters.
3. Most importantly, Are there instructions anywhere for this?
TIA

Avery

Your looking for direct bury wire. A quick google found 29000+ entrees
unfortunately the first one I looked at was $1042.00 a thousand. You would
have to buy a reel from them.

Contact some electrical supply houses. Ask specifically for "end of
reel"times distance that you need. Me thinks that this will be for naught. I
doubt that you will find any reels of wire less than 500 feet long. Try
Johnstone supply, and WW Grainger.

You need ug cable whether or not you use conduit. Personally I would put in
conduit.
As for the other questions, I can not see what you have and your description
is vague.

Call a contractor and make sure that they test the installed line. BEFORE
you pay them. I do not mean continuity.

I have RJ-11/12 and RJ-45 testers that I use to determine if the installed
line meets the specs of the cable and or the job.