Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
oups.com...
Greetings ~

Now that my heat works I am thinking of project #2. I want to build a
ground level deck, about 8 x 10 in the backyard.

It needs to be ground level because the area where it will be is next
to the bulkhead for the basement.

I have ten 8 foot long 6 x 6 PT wood for the base that was formerly a
sandbox.

Why make a ground level deck? It is a good hiding place for skunk, rodents,
insect. it is dark to sustain mold growth. It must be stained or painted or
otherwise cared for.

Consider a cement or some sort of masonry patio. Less maintenance, cleans
with a hose or broom, no staining or treating. Decks make a lot of sense
if they are raised a couple of feet or more. Mine is 8 feet high off the
kitchen, but under it I have a cement patio. It will not rot, and I've
done no upkeep like I must on the deck.