Doug Kanter

"Modat22" wrote in message

Kind of ashame to take it apart, there are probably a lot of tesla
experimenters that would give eye teeth for that xfmr.

If you where close to me I'd buy it off your hands myself.

I dunno. I think that in reality, no one needs these things, a thought
such as "would be nice to play with one" probably crosses minds of a
few people, but not many of those actually want to acquire such a
behemoth.

If you have a reasoned opinion otherwise, maybe you can suggest how I
can try to find people who need it.

I live in Western suburbs of Chicago.

Post an add in your local bargainmart or do a web search for tesla
clubs in your area.

If you where in KY I'd buy it, I've been looking for a good deal on a
older pole pig transformer and pole capacitors for a couple years.
Handy if you want to make a rail gun or shrink quarters.

Amateur radio operators are often into doing interesting things with
electricity. Wiring up the cat....stuff like that. Maybe he could mention it
in a ham radio newsgroup.