Speedy Jim

new england gal wrote:

Thanks! That link was very helpful! One more question. I'm feeling
pretty dumb about this question but here goes: When I was checking
shutoffs in the cellar I closed the shutoff for the hot water line to
the bathroom then opened it again. Now there is a leak coming from
that knob. Not a big leak but about a drop now and then. Is there
something I can do to fix this? I obviously shouldn't be monkeying
around with plumbing but I didn't think that opening and closing that
knob would hurt anything!
Thanks in advance!

There should be a hex nut on the shaft just past the handle. Tighten
that nut a bit.

Jim