Warren Weber

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello and happy new year!

In our bedroom we have baseboard (it's hot-water-based) running along
one of the walls.

Our bed's headboard is right above the baseboard and my wife complains
of the heat heating up the bed and her head, making her very
uncomfortable (and before any of you suggests a new wife, that's out of
the question, so keep on reading). ;-)

I had an idea a few days ago, which consists of having a plumber
replace the middle section of the finned pipe in the baseboard with
regular copper pipe and putting some pipe insulation around it to
ensure that the section under the bed radiates NO heat whatsoever
(visit http://www.frostking.com/pipeinsulation.php to see what I mean).

Questions:
1. Does this seem like a good approach (other than the wife-replacement
solution that's out of the question)?
2. How hot will the pipe get? The insulation on the web site above is
rated for up to 210 deg. Farenheit; will this be enough or do I need to
get industrial-grade insulation?
3. What about just wrapping insulation around the mid-section of the
baseboard (the part under the bed) and forego any plumber's
involvement?

Thanks!!!!

Desperate Husband in Hoboken, NJ

We also have hot water heat. The pipes come up through the floor for input
and output of the finned heater. If you have access to this under the floor
just have the heater removed and the pipes connected under the floor. W W